Heidi Taillefer (Canadian b. 1970) Brewing the Yangtze, 2000 Surrealism, humanism, and mythology meld in the dynamic work of Canadian artist Heidi Taillefer. In this large-format oil painting, a five-clawed royal dragon represents China’s longest and most important river, the Yangtze. The imagery is replete with symbols of Chinese culture: golden carp suggest wealth and prosperity, cranes represent longevity and wisdom. And disembodied human hands—whether reverently clasped or holding a ceremonial weapon to pierce the dragon—allude to the interplay of humankind with the natural world. Nicknamed “the dragon lady” as the result of a childhood obsession, Taillefer deepens her fascination with dragons and Chinese mythology in Brewing the Yangtze, reproduced in glorious detail on this 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle.
• Gather with family and friends for puzzle-piecing together!
• Our luxury puzzles are crafted with attention to every detail
• High-quality 250-GSM matte artpaper for superior color, crisp details, and no glare
• Ribbon-cut thick board for snug fit and minimal dust
• Produced using thick recycled paper board
• Exclusive selection of art from museums and artists around the world