|Availability:||In stock (2)|
Designed by Stefan Feld
Ignite the Bonfires, cast out the twilight!
The magical Bonfire have died out, the ancient cities are abandoned, the world has sunk into twilight. The Guardians of Light, who once watched over the Bonfires, have withdrawn to distant islands. There they wait for those who prove worthy to banish the darkness.
And so it is up to you, the Gnomes, to face this fate: Colonize the empty cities and prepare the path for the Guardians to return to their original home. Perform the necessary tasks to ignite the Bonfires, and your new home shall shine in bright light!
Bonfire is multifaceted and demanding, requiring sophisticated strategy as well as flexibility. Renowned designer Stefan Feld has created an exciting and challenging game experience that offers a lot of variety with just a few available options.
The engine for Bonfire are the three-coloured tiles you will be puzzling onto your player board. When you manage to place the same colours adjacent to one another, you will receive more action tiles of that specific kind. This will allow you to specialize in certain types of actions and pursue different strategies.
You can use the tiles to perform the following actions:
- Move your ship to an island
- Receive a task from an island by spending two resources
- Invite a guardian of light into your city
- Trigger a procession of guardians through your city and gain resources.
- Add a landscape tile to your city (this is where the processions take place)
- Recruit a gnome gaining a special ability or victory points
- Find support by the last bonfire, gaining portals, resources or action tiles
You will play in turn order until a fixed number of tasks has been solved, after which each player has 5 more turns. During final scoring, you will receive points for your completed tasks (the bonfires) and any improvements made there (portals, landscapes or guardians).