The “Interactive Adventure” series by Lookout Games is a story game in book format. Like a computer “point & click” adventure, this game tells a non-linear story full of quirky characters, useless items, and tough riddles. Explore different locations, collect and combine items, talk to different characters, and find out how the story unfolds.
In the first part of the Cantaloop Trilogy, you embody the small-time criminal Oz "Hook" Carpenter who just returned from exile, seeking revenge on the person who made you leave in the first place. But thats easier said than done: You wont stand a chance against the most powerful crook of the city all by yourself. You need a team of people with a unique set of skills if you even want the slightest chance to succeed.
Explore 20 beautifully illustrated locations, talk to characters and solve tricky puzzles to gather your crew in this "Point'n'Click" like game. Search and collect items, figure out where to use them and combine them with each other.
- Open World: You decide where you want to go and when.
- Non-Linear Puzzle Design: There's always at least two puzzles to solve at any given time, so chances that you'll get stuck are minimized.
- 6-10 hours Playtime: Or 18-30 hours for the entire trilogy - a huge game world to immerse yourself in.
- Story-driven: In the prologue (download the Print & Play at lookout-spiele.de) and the 3 parts of the game, the story slowly ramps up to the big heist on Cantaloop Island.
- Humor: Similar to the old point & click adventure games, you'll get a funny response for a lot of the combinations you try.
- Non-Destructive: None of the game material gets destroyed in your playthrough. There is only one sheet of paper that you can easily copy.
- Help System: Should you get stuck, there is a vast help section where you can get up to two hints and the solution to any puzzle.
- No Abstract Puzzles: Every puzzle fits into the world and story of Cantaloop.
- Dialogues: Most of Cantaloop's story is told in speech bubbles, encouraging player groups to read out the scenes together, in turn.
- Secrets: There MAY be a few easter eggs and unlockables sprinkled throughout Cantaloop, but I'm sure that's just hearsay.