Designed by Alfred Mosher Butts
- Ages 14+
- 2-4 players
- 90 minute playtime
- 2.10/5 complexity
In this classic word game, players use their seven drawn letter-tiles to form words on the gameboard. Each word laid out earns points based on the commonality of the letters used, with certain board spaces giving bonuses. But a word can only be played if it uses at least one already-played tile or adds to an already-played word. This leads to slightly tactical play, as potential words are rejected because they would give an opponent too much access to the better bonus spaces.
2-in1 Message Board Edition
- Tin playing surface for hanging on the wall
- 100 Magnetic Tiles & 4 Hanging Metal Racks
- Dry Erase Surface for Scorekeeping and Notes - Dry Erase Marker Included
- Measures 17" x 13.50" x 0.38"
- Scrabble modeled after the 1948 edition
- Stores away in a decorative tin
- Vintage colors and graphics
- Wooden tiles and tile rack with fabric pouch
- Measures 10.5L x 10.5W x 2.25H inches