Tiny Epic Pirates
Designed by Scott Almes
- Ages 14+
- 1-4 players
- 30-60 minute playtime
- 2.71/5 complexity
- Dice Rolling
- Pick-up and Deliver
You helm a notorious pirate ship in the swashbuckling days of yore. Guide your ship and crew through the unforgiving seas in search of fame and fortune. Plunder settlements, trade booty on the black market, hire scurvy crew members and avoid the ever-vigilant Royal Navy. Be the first pirate to bury three treasures, and you can declare yourself the most nefarious Dread Pirate of the Seven Seas!
In Tiny Epic Pirates you take control of a Pirate ship with the goal of burying vast amounts of wealth on secret island hideaways.
Each turn, you move your Captain Token around your ship’s action wheel (rondel), selecting which action to perform… Plunder, Trade, Crew Up, Attack, or Search.
- Plundering allows you to acquire booty from settlements at a very reasonable rate. A crate of gunpowder for a promise of no harm? Fair exchange.
- Trading allows you to sell your ill-gotten goods to the Black Market for gold. Timing is everything, sell your good at the wrong time and it’s worth a pittance.
- Crew Up adds a new crew member to your growing Pirate Ship. Crew increases your ship’s combat advantage and unlocks new abilities for each spoke of your ship’s action wheel, making that action more powerful every time you take it!
- Attacking Merchant Ships and other Pirates will grow your reputation. It also happens to be a great way to score some gold and more booty to sell.
- Search the high-seas for treasures left behind by the unfortunate souls that preceded you. Salvage old ship parts for temporary aid or get lucky and find something worth selling.
The end of the game is triggered once a player has buried three treasures. To do this, a player must first acquire the amount of gold required to bury at the various bury spots on the map. After all players have had an equal number of turns. The player who has buried three treasures wins the game. Ties are decided by the player who has the highest legendary status, followed by which player has the most gold.